The Waffle Stitch is a beautiful ribbed knit stitch. The ribbing creates an interesting texture with wonderful stretch that would be a great to use for a dishcloth, scarf or a slouchy beanie. It would also look great as a cuff for a sleeve or the ribbing of a hat! This stitch is worked in stitch multiples of 3 + 1 over a 4 row repeat.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. That means that I may receive compensation when you purchase through my links at no additional cost to you. I am a King Cole Brand Ambassador and this post is part of our ongoing collaboration. Thank you for your support!
(listed below is what I used to create the sample of the stitch pattern)
- King Cole Baby DK yarn in color Silver (#1711), approximately 20 yds (To find your local store that stocks King Cole yarns, here is the stockist finder link; Or, if you need to shop online, here is LoveCrafts link)
- Size 6 / 4 mm knitting needles
Stitches and abbreviations used
RS: Right side
WS: Wrong side
- Stitch is worked in multiples of 3 + 1
Directions for the Waffle Stitch:
- Row 1 (RS): P1, *k2,p1; rep * to end
- Row 2 (WS): K1, *p2, k1; rep * to end
- Row 3: As row 1
- Row 4: Knit
Repeat rows 1-4 to desired length.
If you’d like to check out a couple other fun stitches, here are a few. Simply click on the image to be directed to the stitch tutorial page.
I hope you enjoyed learning this stitch as much as I did. Please tag me @handmadebystacyj when posting on social media – I’d love to see your makes!
💕 Stacy J
Subscribe on YouTube • Join me on Facebook • Follow on Instagram • Patterns on Ravelry • Inspiration on Pinterest